2009年10月18日日曜日

My Big Fat Greek Firework Battle


Hello, I am talking about My Big Fat Greek Firework Battle.

At first, I’m going to talk about content of this festival.
Each year, Chios in Greece celebrates Easter in an unusual and dangerous way. Native people are divided for two part of church between valleys. Distance of each church is about 400m. And two churches compete to show you which is the win of this battle. 650,000 firework rockets are used in this festival. These firework rockets are lit in one breath and hit the opposing church’s bell tower. When a lot of firework rockets are launched, of course, there is a launching.
And people argue that "we are great than you!".
Surprisingly, during this festival, in each church, a strict missa is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=GwYrPhLBvz8
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3619425.stm

7 件のコメント:

  1. I think that the festival is very dangeorous.
    But I was interested in it.

    返信削除
  2. I want to go the festival.
    Firework looks nice!

    返信削除
  3. This firework battle is so cool. Let's go there with me!

    返信削除
  4. It seems a dangerous festival.
    But It is exciting.

    返信削除
  5. I think that this festival is kind of dengerous.

    返信削除
  6. This festival is dangerous!!

    返信削除